ON THE STREET (Nov. 27, 2015)
• The My School Spirit ATM and Check Card program offered through Gate City Bank has raised nearly $5,000 for participating schools, including Alexandria Area High School, within the first five weeks since its inception in late August 2015. All customers are given the option of ordering a card with designs that feature participating schools’ logo and colors for $10. For every card ordered, Gate City Bank will donate $5 to the school.
• Nate Larson, CFP, AAMS, of Larson Wealth Management in Alexandria has successfully completed the FINRA (NASD) Series 24 exam, the General Securities Principal Qualification Examination (GP), which establishes him as branch manager at Larson Wealth Management.
• Certified strength and conditioning coach Chris Ludwig recently joined co-owners Mike Hawes and Dustin Schlichting and the staff at Noonan Sport Specialists in Alexandria. Originally from Osakis, Ludwig graduated from Concordia College in Moorhead with a Bachelor of Arts in exercise science in 2014. He will assume the position of director of sports performance. Ludwig is also an advanced cardiac life support provider and first aid and CPR/AED certified through the American Heart Association.
• Derek Ziemer recently joined Carlson Music Center in Alexandria as a music teacher. Ziemer’s primary instrument is saxophone, with specialties in woodwind and brass instruments. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in music and secondary education from the University of Minnesota, Morris in 2014. He is currently the director of bands with the Brandon-Evansville school district.
• Marcus and Millichap, a commercial real estate investment services firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, has sold Woodhill Apartments, an 18-unit apartment property in Alexandria. Woodhill Apartments is an active senior living (55+) building. It is located at 1405 Seventh Avenue E.