Wood stove blamed for house fire
A wood stove in a garage is the probable cause of a house fire Monday in southeast Alexandria.
The Alexandria Fire Department was called to a residence at 3505 Maple Drive Southeast shortly before noon Monday, Feb. 12.
The homeowners, Douglas and Camille Norris, were not home at the time of the fire. However, their two sons, along with a friend, and dogs were home, but were able to get out of the house, according to the Alexandria Fire Chief Jeff Karrow.
The fire was quickly contained when one of the men dumped a 5-gallon bucket of water on it. And once firefighters arrived, they were able to control the fire using two extinguishers and then move the wood burning stove outside and out of the garage, which is attached to the house.
One of the men was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. There was minimal damage reported.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office, North Ambulance and Minnesota State Patrol also responded to the call.